BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Junior Accounting Technician to join our team in the Portage la Prairie office. This is an opportunity to support an entrepreneurial group of clients in completing compilations, tax returns and accounting tasks. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing team!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of working paper files, financial statements and income tax returns for compilation engagements.
- Completing bank reconciliations, personal tax returns, as well preparing other technical documentation.
- Completion of ongoing accounting analysis and bookkeeping assignments following established procedures.
- Responding to queries identified by other team members and updating files as required.
- Completing ad-hoc duties as required.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Completion of Secondary School and completion of a post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting.
- Quickbooks and/or Sage certification is an asset.
- Ability to understand basic accounting terminology.
- Ability to support a team within a busy work environment with changing priorities.
- Flexible to support client deadlines including working outside regular business hours.
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.