Our Montreal office is looking for a Junior Accounting Technician to join the Small Business Services group and own the following responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping for various clients including cash receipts, cash disbursements, bank reconciliations, GST/HST/QST/DAS reports.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and/or yearly financial statements and year-end files including all necessary adjustments.
- Assist in the preparation of corporate tax returns.
- Assist with special mandates (for example, government audits, set-up of accounting systems).
- Assist with the preparation of annual tax slips (T4, T5, etc.).
- Provide support to clients while implementing their accounting systems and answer questions regarding various bookkeeping issues.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development.
Your experience and education
- You have a post-secondary education in a college or cegep accounting program.
- You have excellent accounting skills and knowledge of various accounting software (Simply Accounting, Quickbooks, Acomba, and cloud-based accounting software).
- You are bilingual in French and English.
- You have knowledge of sales taxes and of payroll and deductions at source.
- You have the ability to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks, as required, and work with a minimum of supervision.
- You have a good team spirit.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success - We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- Professional success - We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Personal success - Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and flexible time off through vacation, personal, and volunteer days. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.