Our Mississauga office is looking for a Junior Business Analyst to join the BDO Technology team and own the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Lead Business Analyst to drive the vision, objectives, and definition of requirements for customer initiatives in collaboration with the delivery and governance teams.
- Establish solution concepts with the delivery team to meet the value expectations of the initiative.
- Prepare requirements documents and work with the development team to ensure that those requirements are implemented.
- Collaborate with the Lead Business Analyst to prepare test plans and strategies.
- Perform Quality Assurance for the test plans.
- Contribute in developing an environment of continuous improvement within the Business Analysis team.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- You have a Degree/Minor (or pursuing) in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- You have the ability to elicit requirements using one or more of the BA techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and task and workflow analysis
- You have the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- You have the ability to communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver/collaborate to deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- You possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate capability to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers and project managers
- You have the ability to perform testing of applications based on test plan and requirements
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success - We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- Professional success - We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Personal success - Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and flexible time off through vacation, personal, and volunteer days. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.